EnviroLab Asia supports 5C events that educate campus communities about environmental issues in East and Southeast Asia.
Due dates: 2/22/19, 3/15/19, 4/19/19
Please answer the following questions in order to request funds from EnviroLab Asia to support your campus event or program. We review funding requests once a month (2/22/19, 3/15/19, 4/19/19), and funds are spent on a first-come, first-serve basis. We typically fund in the $200-$500 range.
Priority will be given to events and programs that support our guiding principles, which are summarized below:
- To create a space for the production of new knowledge about the interaction between nature, the built environment, and human populations in East and Southeast Asia
- To utilize cross-disciplinary approaches
- To encourage 5C exchanges between and across campuses, utilize the current resources at the Claremont Colleges, and/or encourage community-building between and among 5C campus communities
- To increase faculty and students’ capacities to effectively influence debates on environmental issues as well as present innovative solutions to challenges resulting from environmental problems
Please provide answers to all of the following information (in 2 pages maximum):
School and year:
- What event/program you are seeking funding for? Please provide specifics like date, time, location of event, name of guest speaker, etc.
- Please describe your audience and the goal of your event.
- In what ways do your program or event support the guiding principles of EnviroLab Asia?
- Please provide a detailed budget. What other sources of funding are you receiving? Please list other groups you are seeking funding from with amounts requested.
- Is there any other information you would like us to know?
- How did you hear about this opportunity?
Please submit final written proposal (in a single PDF or Word document) to kmak[at]cmc.edu. Questions should also be directed to Karin Mak, Project Administrator (kmak[at]cmc.edu).